FRUITS OF THE MOOD

FRUITS OF THE MOOD
My blogs are dedicated to great singers from all over the world, great actors and actresses, music and memories.
Here you will find personal montages and many rare videos.
Visit also my YouTube channel, by johnxxx20000.
Blossoms will run away -
Cakes reign but a Day.
But Memory like Melody,
Is pink eternally
(Emily Dickinson)

Sarah Vaughan


Here is an extraordinary rendition of a famous Jobim song, that showcases the incredible voice of "the divine" Sarah Vaughan, one the greatest and most influential singers of all times (and Ella Fitzgerald's favourite!). This voice, capable of reaching the highest as well as the lowest notes, is like an instrument and that is why she was a favourite among the most demanding musicians. This version was recorded in Paris, in 1985, by the French National Institute of Audio-Visual.
Enjoy!

Wave

And here are several other examples of Sarah Vaughan's class and unique style!

After hours (from "Disc Jockey", 1951)


Don’t blame me / I cried for you


On a clear day


Scat blues


Serenata


Autumn leaves (scat)


Easy living


Once in a while


Somewhere over the rainbow


Round midnight (scat)


Send in the clowns


The fool on the hill


My funny Valentine






1 commentaire:

Rick Rockhill a dit…

I just wrote a post on my favorite female vocalists (of course Sarah Vauhan was on the list). Last Saturday I did a post on Top Male Crooners too. Would be interested in your opinion..stop by say hi sometime.

www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com