FRUITS OF THE MOOD

FRUITS OF THE MOOD
My blogs are dedicated to great singers from all over the world, great actors and actresses, music and memories.
Here you will find personal montages and many rare videos.
Visit also my YouTube channel, by johnxxx20000.
Blossoms will run away -
Cakes reign but a Day.
But Memory like Melody,
Is pink eternally
(Emily Dickinson)

Ruth Olay


A beautiful song, beautifully sung by the great and aristocratic Ruth Olay, a true legend of jazz.
Born in San Francisco, jazz singer Ruth Olay's family moved to Los Angeles when she was eighteen months old. Her father was a rabbi, her mother a singer. While still a teenager in the 1940's she sang with Benny Carter's great band. A major fixture of the Hollywood nightclub scene in the mid-1950's, in the latter part of that decade Olay parlayed her regional popularity into national and international recognition on television, recordings and in major nightclubs throughout the US and abroad. Today Ruth Olay is retired from singing and in recent years has turned her attention more in the direction of social activism on various commissions for aging, the homeless, etc.
Enjoy!
She passed away in September 2021. RIP

I concentrate on you


Other great performances:

I ain’t got nothing but the blues


The best is yet to come

I wanna be around

Gonna build a mountain

All by myself

1 commentaire:

Kandake CimCiptivan a dit…

OH OH OH PLEASE POST THE PERFORMANCE AT 55 SECS...GOSH I JUST LOVE HER SO MUCH...WOOOO I JUST GOT HER 2 ALBUMS


THE NEW SOUND OF RUTH OLAY

AND I ALSO JUST GOT

EASY LIVING...I AM ON A RAMPAGE FOR HER OTHER ONES. LOL