FRUITS OF THE MOOD

FRUITS OF THE MOOD
My blogs are dedicated to great singers from all over the world, great actors and actresses, music and memories.
Here you will find personal montages and many rare videos.
Visit also my YouTube channel, by johnxxx20000.
Blossoms will run away -
Cakes reign but a Day.
But Memory like Melody,
Is pink eternally
(Emily Dickinson)

Shani Wallis


Here is a great rendition of this song by the unique Shani Wallis, the famous "girl from Oliver!".
Shani Wallis (born in 1933 in Tottenham, London) is an English actress and singer, who released several records in the 1950's. She is best known for the role of "Nancy" in Carol Reed's 1968 production of "Oliver!", which had been played on Broadway by fellow British actress/singer, the late Georgia Brown. Shani Wallis had a recurring role in the American soap opera, "The Young and the Restless" as Frances. She is a naturalized citizen of the United States, where she lives. She is the sister of jazz drummer, Leon Roy. She is a good friend of businesswoman (and former actress), Connie Stevens.
Listen to her vibrant and powerful voice!

Young and foolish

And here is the great success of Shanis Wallis, in "Oliver!".
As long as he needs me

Some other great songs:

What the world needs now is love / As long as he needs me (Harry Secombe Show, 25-12-1968)

I’m a girl / How are things in Glocca Morra


I'm old-fashioned / Pass me by (1965)

Let me love you


Young and foolish / Blow Gabriel blow

Alfie (Ed Sullivan Show, 12-5-1968)

Theme of "Arnold" (1973) (in which she starred)








Aucun commentaire: