FRUITS OF THE MOOD

FRUITS OF THE MOOD
My blogs are dedicated to great singers from all over the world, great actors and actresses, music and memories.
Here you will find personal montages and many rare videos.
Visit also my YouTube channel, by johnxxx20000.
Blossoms will run away -
Cakes reign but a Day.
But Memory like Melody,
Is pink eternally
(Emily Dickinson)

Shirley Bassey




Here are two songs of the great Shirley Bassey: the first one was released in 1966, and specially written for her, and was a firm favourite in her live stage performances over many years; the second one was released in 1970, and invariably opened her live performances during the early 1970's.
Not only is Shirley Bassey one of the most renowned, talented and successful singers, a top entertainer for more than fifty years, gifted with one of the biggest voices ever heard, but she is also one of the most beautiful and glamorous women of the world!
Enjoy this little trip with the immarcescible Shirley!

Shirley / What about today




Here are several other examples of Shirley Bassey's incredible vocal power:










A medley of songs performed at the Mayfair Club of London in 1969:
A lot of livin’ to do / He loves me / It’s yourself

Strangers in the night
(Raiuno, 1968)


3 songs from her TV special show (1979):

Born to lose


Climb every mountain


On a clear day


Another version of that terrific song:

3 songs from the TV show "Bassey meets Basie" (1967):

If ever I would leave you


The liquidator


You can have him


3 songs from a famous US show:

Going out of my head - You go to my head / Something’s coming


Don’t rain on my parade


Her famous concert at the Royal Abert Hall (1973):

Where am I going / Shirley


And I love you so / Let me sing / I like to hate myself in the morning


Without you / Goldfinger


Day by day / Never, never, never


Somehow / The greatest performance of my life


And a song from her concert at the Carnegie Hall (1973):
The greatest performance of my life


A duet with Charles Aznavour, from her French TV special "Le grand échiquier" (1988):
Yesterday when I was young

A duet (medley) with Andy Williams.

A duet with Jack Jones:
If

Other beautiful gems:

The joker


The see and the sand


What about today


What about today / Yesterday when I was young

Till love touches your life


The way of love

If I should love again

There is no such thing as love

I've never been a woman before

A duet with Alain Delon, Thought I'd ring you (1983) / Love is no game (1988)



And here is a wonderful, and rarely heard, song (music by Michel Legrand and lyrics by Marilyn & Alan Bergman), magnificently performed by Shirley Bassey.
First released in 1971 on her album "Something Else" and as B-side of her "Diamonds Are Forever" single, this song is also entitled "Little Boy Lost". It was the title song of the 1970 United Artists movie "Pieces Of Dreams" (in which it is sung by Peggy Lee). It has also been recorded by Barbra Streisand, Sarah Vaughan, Della Reese, Mel Tormé or Jack Jones. It was nominated for an Academy Award in the category "Best song" in 1970.
Enjoy!






Aucun commentaire: